Friday, February 26, 2010

Briefly...

I literally dreamt about Grape-nuts ice cream last night. I was ecstatic.

Also, fantastic email from my dad:

Morg,
I like Grape-nuts and have for as long back as I can remember. This cereal was one of the few--back then, times are different now--that stayed crunchy in milk. I had them mainly--probably exclusively--for breakfast, sometimes mixed with other cereals for some sweetness. When the Trail Mix variety came out--several years ago?--I started getting that. I first noticed the Trail Mix Grape-nuts while I was in Ukraine. The little commissary in the embassy would have it in stock occasionally, and I'd stock up. Today it's a mix; I finished a box of Trail Mix yesterday and will need to resupply once the snows melt and we can get to the store. Question: why the small box?
Love,
Dad

I don't know for sure about the small box, but my guess is the small box of Grape-nuts actually weighs the same as a larger box of other cereal. I can imagine picking up a regular-cereal-box-sized box of Grape-nuts, not knowing what they were, and being shocked at how much it would weigh. Still, old-time fans like us would appreciate the option of a large box... Perhaps I'll write to Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment